Baby slings for those summertime family walks
Is there anything cuter than a baby snuggled up inside a baby sling? We at Exquisite think not. And along with the adorable-ness of a sling, there are many other practical reasons why we think the baby’s of Essex would also love this mode of transport.
- Baby is gaining that skin to skin attachment. And what baby doesn’t love a snuggly cuddle?
- Carrying a baby in a sling means you have free hands to get on with your daily tasks.
- Baby can be carried in different positions depending on whether they are asleep or awake meaning it’s a fantastically versatile tool.
- Baby feels content because of the parental contact. Happy baby = happy parents.
- A sling just makes parenting easier – baby sleeps, baby gets cuddles, baby feels part of your day. And who doesn’t love easier parenting?!
What to look for when fitting a sling
- Baby should be in the frog leg position for healthy hip development.
- Baby’s back should form a natural and gentle curve.
- No twisting of the material, the sling should feel like an extension of your clothing.
- Ensure the material is high enough to support baby’s head and neck, especially for newborns.
- Keep the material tight for a secure fit – your face should be close enough to kiss baby at any time.
More of a pram than a sling kind of family? Check out this beautiful range of Silver Cross luxury prams that Exquisite recently brought to you.
Here are some of our favourite slings currently available.
We Made Me - Soohu
5-in-1 baby caring positions: Cradle-carry, Breastfeeding, Parent-facing, World-facing and Hip-carry positions.
Designed to carry babies and toddlers (0−24 months 3.6–15.9kg | 8–35lbs).
Close - Caboo +
Using soft, supportive organic fabric to ensure it's as comfortable for you as it is for baby. No tying or buckles. Ergonomically designed, it gives the ultimate support for your little one. Suitable from newborn. The soft, comfortable, wide straps distribute weight evenly.
Kari-Me Navy Blue
Baby is supported in the most ergonomic position helping hip development. No pressure on babies spine or pelvis. Distributes weight making your baby feel lovely and light with no discomfort to you or your baby.
Over five metres of material - suitable from birth to three.
Baby K'tan Hybrid Wrap
The Baby K’tan Baby Carrier is an innovative soft cotton baby carrier - the ideal blend of a sling, wrap and carrier, providing the positions and benefits of all three. It is a ready-to-wear wrap that enables parents & caregivers to comfortably carry infants and toddlers (from birth to 3 years) in multiple positions.
Cybex Yema - Butterfly
Not technically a sling but it works the same way. Three carrying positions. The baby carrier Yema fuses the highest fashion standard with ergonomical perfection. The minimalistic design and the carefully implemented details make the Yema a fashion accessory.
Didymos Meh Dai Ada Malachite
The Didy Meh Dai is made from Didymos woven wrap fabrics. The quality is outstanding, they are ethically woven always using organic cotton.
This Didy Meh Dai features the elaborate Ada pattern in turquoise, light green and bright yellow, a colour shading that makes the pattern shine in the daylight.Buy Now