The Best Bonfire Night Events in Essex 2019
Remember, remember the fifth of November. Here’s Exquisite’s list of the most spectacular fireworks displays in the area...
Grab your scarves and hats and head down to one of Essex's most impressive firework displays! There are plenty to choose from around the area, and Exquisite has selected some of the very best to help you in your search...
In the meantime, here are a few fun facts to impress friends this Bonfire Night:
- Roger Bacon (1214-1294) was one of the first Europeans to study gunpowder. Aware of its destructive potential, he wrote his findings in code lest they fell into the wrong hands.
- Abu Dhabi hosted a $20,000,000 firework display in 2009. The spectacular display lasted 55 minutes.
- Until 1959 it was illegal not to celebrate Bonfire Night in the UK.
- Bonfire Night was originally called ‘Bone Fire’, after Guy Fawkes’ fatal end.
- If three sparklers burn together, they will do so at the same heat as a blow torch used for joining metal.
- Blue and purple fireworks were only invented this century. There is still no way to make forest and ocean green fireworks.