Brentwood, you're in the top ten!
Yopa, the online estate agency has found the top ten places to live for a happy family home. Where is Brentwood placed?
Yopa has identified the top ten locations for a happy family home and unsurprising to many of us, Brentwood is in that honours list!
Yopa's independent research shows that half of UK parents have considered moving home to improve the wellbeing of their children and to secure better future prospects for them.
But how do parents decide where to move?
Yopa has developed an online tool to help identify the best location for a new family home by using various factors known as ‘move motivators’. These factors include: importance of local schools, crime rate, pollution levels, job prospects, pupils-per-class ratio, and and access to well rated GPs.
So let's take a look at this Happy Home 2018 Top Ten:
1. Ashbourne, Derbyshire - located just 150 miles from London, this top family location boasts low crime rates and is on the doorstep of the Peak District national park, and within in an hour’s drive to a wealth of other National Trust hotspots. The average price for a family home is circa ￡200,000!
2. Walton-on-Thames, Surrey - nestled on the banks of the River Thames, this small town has a population of just over 22,000 and is only 18 miles from the capital.
3. Harrogate, North Yorkshire – famous for tea, fine foodstuffs and giftware, this stunning northern gem benefits from low rates of violent crime and lots of green space.
4. Inverness, Inverness-shire - situated in Scotland’s largest county and surrounded by wild countryside and historic castles, Inverness-shire is one of the few locations to have postcodes reporting zero crime.
5. Tunbridge Wells, Kent - set in the ‘garden of England’, this town has a large and vibrant population (over 116,000). Families will benefit from the county’s renowned grammar schools and multitude of historical sites.
6. St Albans, Hertfordshire - with Roman ruins, a 20-minute train journey into London for commuting parents, and an abundance of rolling English countryside on the doorstep what is not to love?
7. Esher, Surrey - once home to King Henry VIII and enjoying a great location in Surrey, this town perfectly fuses urban and rural life.
8. Eastleigh, Hampshire - located between Southampton, Portsmouth and England’s historic capital Winchester, this town is a mere stone’s throw from the sea in one direction with green and pleasant land in the other.
9. Brentwood, Essex - this town, with a population of more than 80,000 and great connections to the City of London, is also home to TOWIE stars. What’s not to love about the jewel in the crown of Essex?
10. Edinburgh, Scotland - Scotland’s capital city - with its historic old town, Regency period new town, and beautiful rugged countryside all around - is the second location north of the border to make the list.
David Jacobs, Co-Founder of Yopa, commented: “There is a good mix of locations in the top ten list and it’s interesting to note their geographical spread across the country. Our research shows that more than half of British parents are willing to relocate for a better quality of life and improved wellbeing for their children. What’s great to see is that this is not just for the short term either - parents are also driven by their children’s future career prospects and future financial standing.”
To discover the best place for their families to live, visit Yopa and try out the Happy Family Home tool.
Why do we love Brentwood so much?