Apricot, Cashew & Coconut TrufflesPACKABLE / QUICK / VEGAN -Makes 12 balls
These fruity, tropical bites are made for an afternoon treat; they’re also a great vegan
snack for kids’ packed lunches.
½ cup dried apricots
½ cup raw cashews
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Zest of 1 lime
A pinch of flaky sea salt
1 tablespoon water
1. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth and forms a ball around the processor blade (this may take a while).
2. Using wet hands, roll the mixture into 12 tablespoon-sized balls, setting them on a plate as you work.
3. Let set in the fridge until ready to eat.
Halibut en Papillote with Lemon, Mushrooms & Toasted Sesame OilQUICK - Serves 2
"As far as I’m concerned, almost anything with toasted sesame oil is going to be good, and that’s certainly true of this ginger-scented halibut and- mushroom parcel. Like the previous papillote recipe, this serves two, but could be easily scaled up for a bigger crowd. (It seems like all my friends want to come over when I’m making it.)"
Peruvian Chicken Cauli Rice SoupServes 2
"A friend of mine told me about this soup she’d had at a Peruvian restaurant called aguadito de pollo
that was a vibrant green colour from all the cilantro in it. As a lover of cilantro for its unmistakable flavour, I had to try to make my own version of the soup. After tinkering a bit and swapping out the rice for cauliflower rice, I landed on a soup that was equal parts light and satiating. Cilantro is said to have chelating properties—meaning it may help the body get rid of heavy metals and is generally thought of as a cleansing herb in the Ayurvedic tradition. This is the kind of cleanse-friendly food I’d eat whenever."
1 medium white onion, chopped
1 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
½ jalapeño (optional)
Juice of 3 limes
¼ cup water, plus more if needed
4 cups Chicken Stock (page 193)
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ head of cauliflower, riced (1 to 1½ cups)
½ cup frozen peas
Lime wedges, for serving
1. Combine the onion, cilantro, jalapeño (if using), lime juice, and water in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth, adding a little extra water if needed to loosen the mixture. Set aside.
2. In a medium soup pot, bring the stock to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add the chicken and salt and cook until the chicken is opaque and fully cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove the chicken and let cool.
3. Meanwhile, add the cauliflower rice and peas to the broth and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cauliflower rice is tender but not mushy. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred the meat.
4. To serve, increase the heat to medium, return the shredded chicken to the pot, and add the onion- cilantro puree. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes before serving.
5. Divide into bowls and garnish with lime.
Do you want to try out some of these deliciously healthy recipes? We’re giving you the chance to win Gwyneth Paltrow's new cookbook The Clean Plate. The prize is available for one Exquisite reader.
HOW TO ENTER?
All you need to do to be within a chance of winning The Clean Plate...
1) Visit and like our Facebook page
2) Share this article and comment on the post. Or, simply share this article via the social media links at the top.
The competition will close on Friday 1st February 2019 and the winner will be selected by random and announced on Monday 4th February 2019 via our Facebook and twitter feed.
Terms & Conditions
*Please note the winner will be sent one copy of Gwyneth Paltrow's The Clean Plate cookbook. The cookbook cannot be exchanged for monetary value. The winners must be aged 18 and over. UK Only.
Exquisite Essex employees, sub-contractors or contributors are not allowed to enter. Entries must be received by the closing date stated. Exquisite Essex cannot take responsibility for lost or delayed entries. Only one entry per person per competition. A entry list of participants will be available on request. There are no cash alternatives to competition prizes. The judges' decision is final. Data provided will be collected, stored and processed in a data based for the purpose of managing the competition entries.Such information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated in these Terms & Conditions or as separately accepted by you. Exquisite Essex may use your personal data for the marketing, including direct marketing from our partners. Any personal data that you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the 1998 Data Protection Act. Refined Media Ltd reserves the right to amend competition Terms and Conditions and/or cancel any Competition at their sole discretion. Submission of entry will be taken as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. English Law governs this Competition and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts