- 125 grams vegan dark chocolate
- 95 grams coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cocoa powder, for coating
1. Break chocolate into pieces and place chocolate in a bowl. In a small saucepan, heat coconut milk on low heat until it comes to a full simmer. Do not let it boil! Then, take off the heat and pour the hot coconut milk over broken chocolate. Let sit for a minute or two. After sitting, stir with a spatula until all the chocolate has melted and you have a smooth chocolate ganache.
2. Add vanilla, espresso powder, maple syrup, sea salt and liquor (if using), to ganache. Stir well.
3. Chill your bowl of ganache in the refrigerator until it has thickened, this will take about 2-3 hours. Stir every 30 minutes or so to ensure it chills evenly.
4. Once firm, using a teaspoon, scoop out portions of ganache and roll into balls with clean, cool hands.
5. If your palms start to get warm and messy, wash your hands before continuing. Roll truffles in cocoa powder to coat.
Vegan Chocolate Pots
- 220g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 700g silken tofu
- 140g maple syrup
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 large pinch of sea salt
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a low heat on the hob. Meanwhile, line a medium bowl and a clean tea towel. Add the tofu, bunch up the tea towel and squeeze out the excess moisture.
2. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processer and blend for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth. Now transfer the mixture into small pots or bowels then place them in the fridge for 15 minutes or until serving.
3. Decorate with fresh fruit - get creative!