As part of Sourced Locally Fortnight, there will be an All-Day Breakfast Roadshow,
providing the chance to taste locally sourced bacon, sausages and burgers in a Breakfast Pack which will cost £4, with a free pack of local eggs included.
Where will the All-Day Breakfast Roadshow be in Essex?
5th June: Culver Square in Colchester
between 11am - 3pm for free sausage in roll and fried egg sandwiches. There will also be a sausage eating competition for local businesses at 12.30pm.
Stanway Co-op Car Park between 11am-3pm for free bacon sandwiches and fried egg sandwiches.
Burnham on Crouch Co-op Car Park between 11am-3pm, free bacon sandwiches and fried egg sandwiches.
Brightlingsea Co-op Car Park between 11am-3pm, free bacon sandwiches and fried egg sandwiches.
Money off vouchers to redeem in store will also be handed out at the events.
Local producers will also have the chance to meet customers and show off their produce through a whole calendar of in-store tasting events.
During last year’s Sourced Locally Fortnight, East of England Co-op customers spent just over £999,000 on locally sourced products; a 2.8% increase on 2017.
Roger Grosvenor added: “Swapping one thing in your basket for something local is a positive choice, as we are so lucky to have great-tasting, fresh food on our doorsteps. We hope our loyal customers can champion our local producers and help us break through the £1,000,000 mark for 2019.”
Products on offer during the 2019 Sourced Locally Fortnight include:
1. Breakfast pack for £4 – with a free 4-pack of eggs.
2. Kettle Crisps 125g – 150g for £1.
3. Buy strawberries and get Marybelle double cream for half price.
4. Buy Adnams Prosecco and get strawberries for £1.
6. Buy Adnams gin or pink gin and get free tonic.
7. Buy Adnams Ghost Ship cask and get a free glass.
8. 20% off Yum Yum Tree fudge.
9. 25% off Stokes squeezy sauce.
10. Two for £1 on Munchy Seeds.
11. Alcohol-free Ghost Ship for £1.30.
12. Two for £3 on Peacocks deep-filled mince pies.