Majid's top recipe: Poached Peaches & Raspberry Jelly
Ingredients & Method: Poached Peaches
- 250ml fresh orange juice, 750ml water, 250gms caster sugar, 60gms honey, 1 vanilla pod.
- Add the water, sugar, honey and vanilla pod in a pan and heat gently to dissolve the sugar.
- Simmer whole peaches in the syrup for 15 minutes until soft, cool and then peel and cut in to quarters
Ingredients & Method: Raspberry Jelly
- 500gms raspberry puree, 40gms caster sugar, four gelatine leaves.
- Put gelatine in ice cold water, heat raspberry puree and sugar in a pan.
- Add gelatine to the pan, stir and simmer on low heat for five minutes.
- Pour into a shallow tray and leave to set, when set dice into tiny cubes.
Ingredients & Method: Peach Compote
- 250gms diced peach, 25gms caster sugar, 100ml orange juice.
- Heat the juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved, when cool add the peach.
Place a scoop of peach or lemon sorbet in the centre of a dessert plate. Place quartered peach slices around the sorbet, drizzle with the compote and sprinkle with the diced raspberry jelly.
T: 01277 225252, marygreenmanor.co.uk