1 whole baby Dover sole dark side skinned (400-600g), chimichurri (makes 6 portions), 2 red peppers, 5 plum tomatoes, 2 red chillies, 50g bunch oregano, 50g bunch coriander, 50g parsley, 150ml red wine vinegar, 250ml Essex rapeseed oil.
- Prepare the sole by seasoning lightly with sea salt on a non-stick pan.
- Burn peppers and tomatoes on an open flame or with a blowtorch.
- Run under cold water and remove skins and seeds, then finely dice.
- Chop all herbs roughly, halve and de-seed 2 chillies and chop finely.
- Combine ingredients with the red wine vinegar then whisk in rapeseed.
- Cover Dover sole in sauce and grill for 6-8 minutes.
Why I love it
“This works great for a single baby flat fish or even a bigger sharing fish for a party or large get-together. The chimichurri will keep well and fresh in the fridge for up to three days. This is also a fun dish to prep after being at work all day - sometimes it is nice to relax and have fun with some cooking for either home or just a sunny lunch special.”
T: 01702 662579, royalhotelsouthend.com