St Nicholas School educates boys and girls aged between the ages of two and a half and sixteen. It was founded in 1939 in Churchgate Street, a village on the outskirts of the town of Harlow, and moved to its present site in 1977.
The current school site is set in fourteen acres of beautiful grounds in a residential area on the outskirts of Old Harlow. Originally an Edwardian country house the school has added many superb purpose built facilities including sports hall, swimming pool and theatre. This growth and development has provided excellent resources for teaching and learning whilst retaining much of the green spaces and features of the original estate.
With the understanding childhood can only be experienced once and that children learn best when they feel happy and secure, the school aims to develop in children a lifelong interest in learning – one which encompasses the full range of intellectual, cultural, artistic and sporting achievements of society.
Staff are caring and understanding, yet know the importance of effort and personal discipline in enabling pupils to achieve the highest academic standards.
Saint Nicholas School offers early years, lower school, middle school and upper school to boys and girls aged two and a half to 16. The aim is to provide an environment in which every pupil can achieve the highest standards in all aspects of life in preparation for the challenges of the future. The stability and security of continuous education on one site is a major factor in achieving this.
The school offers two bus routes, collecting from Woodford Green, Buckhurst Hill, Loughton, Epping, Bishops Stortford, Takeley, Hatfield Heath and Sawbridgeworth.
Saint Nicholas School (4-11) news archive
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Don't miss out on top news from luxury brands, must-book weekly events, the latest venue openings and exclusive offers.